Mar 21, 2003

Ah, “just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in again!”

More later...


Shifting gears, I’ve noticed this trend (I don’t know maybe the last couple of years) where our government (and the talking heads on TV) apply these grandiose names to the events or policies of the moment. I imagine it’s supposed to make them more important somehow or to make them really dramatic sounding and more exciting.

Along those lines, I’ve decided to apply the same practice to the more mundane parts of my daily life. Henceforth my morning visit to the water closet will be referred to as “Operation Drastic Movement.” This will go into effect once I find suitable theme music for the event. I’m thinking something off the soundtrack to Backdraft which also happens to be the incidental music they use for one of my favorite shows, the Iron Chef.

Aside from the war, it was a really good week. I don’t know if that’s a bad thing to say these days - having a decent week while the world is coming to an end. If I don’t do that (have a good week) WON’T THE TERRORISTS HAVE WON?!?!?! (Sorry, I just couldn’t resist).

How many times have you heard people say that? I’m always stricken by how incredibly stupid it sounds. Like if they did win so, what then? I don’t even get the impression they’re smart (the enigmatic terrorists that is) enough to think that far down the road. They’re too caught up in what they’re doing to think rationally, I guess that’s why they’re terrorists.

Anyway, back on topic. It was a really good week! The highpoint was being treated to Dim Sum by Harry. It was nice to get out and enjoy the day (which was truly beautiful) and have a nice leisurely lunch. The big knock on the burbs is not being able to hang so, Dim Sum during the week was a real treat! Sorry all you cubicle critters, this is the way to live.

Later in the day, just through chance I wound up meeting a friend of a friend. Turns out we know a lot of the same people and we hit it off. So, I know we’ll bump into each other again and we were both interested in what the other does so, we’ll see if anything pans out. I gotta get around to doing a business card, every time I get asked for it I just wind up giving the person who asked a blank stare.

Last week, I opted out, and was glad for doing it. Figuring on not working for awhile as fate would have two new clients materialized this week. One big (potentially) and one small - both much easier to work with. And as I wind up this week, I find myself flush and happy for getting a job out without it feeling like I was working in the ER of graphics.

Now, if I could just get around to cleaning the house.

No comments: